English Vocabulary for Daily Routine
Learn Vocabulary Related to the Daily Routine in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn common words associated with the daily routine in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "daily routine" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "daily routine" category:
- wake up, get up, shower, get dressed, comb hair, have breakfast, go to work, start work, have lunch, finish work, arrive home, cook dinner, have dinner, feed the dog, watch TV, go to bed, fall asleep
- She wakes up early every morning to start her day.
- He sets an alarm to make sure he wakes up on time for work.
- They love to wake up to the smell of fresh coffee in the kitchen.
- After waking up, she quickly gets up and stretches.
- He likes to get up and go for a morning jog to stay active.
- They both get up and make their beds as part of their morning routine.
- She takes a refreshing shower before getting dressed for work.
- He prefers to shower in the evening to relax before bedtime.
- They have a fancy shower with multiple water jets in their bathroom.
- She carefully selects her clothes and gets dressed for the day.
- He likes to get dressed in comfortable attire when he's at home.
- They both get dressed in their best outfits for special occasions.
- She uses a brush to comb her hair and make it look neat.
- He prefers a comb with wide teeth to easily comb his hair.
- They both take a few minutes in the morning to comb their hair before leaving the house.
- She enjoys a healthy breakfast with cereal and fresh fruit.
- He usually has a quick breakfast with toast and jam before rushing to work.
- They like to sit together and chat over a leisurely breakfast on weekends.
go to work
- She leaves home early to go to work and beat the morning traffic.
- He commutes by train to go to work in the city center.
- They carpool with their colleagues to go to work and reduce their carbon footprint.
- She arrives at the office and begins to start work on her daily tasks.
- He opens his laptop and logs in to his computer to start work.
- They have a morning meeting to start work and discuss the day's agenda.
- She takes a break at noon to have lunch with her colleagues in the cafeteria.
- He brings a homemade sandwich to have lunch at his desk while working.
- They often order takeout to have lunch together in the park.
- She completes her tasks for the day and prepares to finish work.
- He double-checks his work before he can officially finish work.
- They celebrate their achievements with a team gathering when they finish work early.
- She eagerly returns home after a long day at the office.
- He rushes home to spend time with his family as soon as he's done with work.
- They both appreciate the comfort of their home when they arrive home in the evening.
- She enjoys experimenting in the kitchen and often likes to cook dinner from scratch.
- He's in charge of grilling when they decide to cook dinner on the barbecue.
- They take turns to cook dinner and try out new recipes together.
- She sets the table with care as they prepare to have dinner as a family.
- He enjoys a quiet moment with a book while they have dinner together.
- They like to dim the lights and have a romantic candlelit dinner on special occasions.
feed the dog
- She calls their furry friend over and lovingly feeds the dog its favorite treats.
- He ensures that there's always fresh water in the dog's bowl after feeding the dog.
- They take turns to feed the dog and enjoy the dog's excitement during mealtime.
- She relaxes on the couch and likes to watch TV shows in the evening.
- He enjoys watching sports on the big screen when they watch TV together.
- They often debate what to watch on TV before settling on a movie or series.
go to bed
- They make sure to turn off all the lights before they go to bed for a good night's sleep.
- She enjoys reading a bedtime story to her child before they go to bed.
- He listens to calming music to help him go to bed faster.
- She closes her eyes and slowly starts to fall asleep after a tiring day.
- He listens to calming music to help him fall asleep faster.
- They both enjoy the feeling of peace and relaxation as they fall asleep in their comfortable beds.