(ordered by seriousness) ESL Vocabulary Lists Parts of Speech Lists A-Z Idioms and Proverbs Grammar Videos
(ordered by category) Tests and Games Top Tip Install a grammar checker
for your browser
English Vocabulary for Irregular Plurals
Learn Common Irregular Plural Words in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn the most common irregular plurals in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "irregular plurals" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "irregular plurals" category:
- children, feet, geese, knives, leaves, men, mice, oxen, teeth, wolves, women
- The children played in the park.
- The children read books in school.
- The children ate ice cream.
- I have two feet.
- We wear shoes on our feet.
- She jumped with her feet.
- The geese fly in the sky.
- The geese swim in the lake.
- The geese honk loudly.
- We use knives to cut food.
- The chef's knives are sharp.
- Be careful with sharp knives.
- Fall leaves are colorful.
- Leaves fall from trees.
- We play in piles of leaves.
- The men work together.
- Some men wear suits to work.
- Many men like sports.
- The tiny mice are fast.
- We caught a mouse in a trap.
- Mice live in holes.
- Oxen are strong animals.
- Oxen help with farm work.
- Some farmers use oxen for plowing.
- Brush your teeth before bed.
- We have different types of teeth.
- Teeth help us chew food.
- Wolves live in the wild.
- Wolves hunt for food in the mountains.
- Wolves howl at the moon.
- Women can do anything.
- Many women work in jobs.
- She is a strong woman.
Help Us Improve Grammar Monster
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
Find Us Quicker!
- When using a search engine (e.g., Google, Bing), you will find Grammar Monster quicker if you add #gm to your search term.