(ordered by seriousness) ESL Vocabulary Lists Parts of Speech Lists A-Z Idioms and Proverbs Grammar Videos
(ordered by category) Tests and Games Top Tip Install a grammar checker
for your browser
English Vocabulary for Meat
Learn Different Types of Meat in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn common words for meat products in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "meat" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "meat" category:
- lamb chop, leg of lamb, meat loaf, ham, pepperoni, pork belly, prime rib, roast chicken, salami, sausages, sirloin, T-bone, bacon, diced beef
- A lamb chop is a small cut of meat from a young sheep, and it's often grilled or roasted.
- We seasoned the lamb chops with herbs and spices before cooking them on the barbecue.
- Lamb chops are tender and flavorful, making them a favorite at family dinners.
leg of lamb
- A leg of lamb is a larger cut of meat from the hind leg of a sheep, and it's great for roasting.
- We roasted a leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary for a special holiday meal.
- Legs of lamb are often slow-cooked to achieve a tender and juicy result.
- A meatloaf is a dish made from ground meat, typically beef or a mixture of meats, and it's baked in a loaf shape.
- We served meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy for Sunday dinner.
- Meatloaf is a comforting and filling dish that many people enjoy.
- Ham is a type of pork meat that's often cured or smoked, and it's commonly used in sandwiches and holiday meals.
- We made sandwiches with slices of delicious ham and Swiss cheese.
- Ham is a popular choice for Easter and Christmas feasts.
- Pepperoni is a type of spicy sausage that's a favorite topping on pizza.
- We ordered a pizza with extra pepperoni because we love its zesty flavor.
- Pepperoni adds a delicious kick to many Italian dishes.
- Pork belly is a cut of meat from the belly of a pig, and it's often used in dishes like bacon or roasted pork belly.
- We slow-cooked the pork belly until it was tender and crispy.
- Pork belly is known for its rich and flavorful meat with a layer of delicious fat.
- Prime rib is a large and tender cut of beef, usually served as a roast.
- We celebrated a special occasion with a juicy and perfectly cooked prime rib.
- Prime rib is often seasoned with herbs and garlic for added flavor.
- A roast chicken is a whole chicken that's been cooked in the oven until it's golden and tender.
- We enjoyed a family dinner with a delicious roast chicken as the centerpiece.
- Making a flavorful roast chicken involves seasoning and basting the bird for a crispy skin.
- Salami is a type of cured sausage with a distinctive flavor, often used in sandwiches and antipasto platters.
- We had a picnic and packed some salami sandwiches for everyone to enjoy.
- Salami comes in various varieties, including spicy and mild.
- Sausages are ground meat, often pork or beef, mixed with spices and seasonings, and encased in a tube shape.
- We grilled a variety of delicious sausages at our summer barbecue.
- Sausages are a popular choice for breakfast, served with eggs and toast.
- Sirloin is a tender and flavorful cut of beef, often used for steaks.
- We ordered a juicy sirloin steak at the restaurant, cooked to perfection.
- Sirloin is a favorite cut among steak lovers for its taste and tenderness.
- A T-bone steak is a cut of beef that includes a T-shaped bone with meat on both sides.
- We grilled a thick and juicy T-bone steak for our barbecue.
- T-bone steaks are known for combining two delicious cuts: the tenderloin and the New York strip.
- Bacon is a popular breakfast meat made from cured and smoked pork belly.
- We cooked crispy bacon strips to go with our morning eggs.
- Bacon adds a savory and salty flavor to various dishes, including sandwiches and salads.
- Diced beef refers to small pieces of beef that are often used in stews, stir-fries, and casseroles.
- We simmered a hearty diced beef stew with vegetables and spices for dinner.
- Diced beef cooks quickly and becomes tender in flavorful sauces.
Help Us Improve Grammar Monster
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
Find Us Quicker!
- When using a search engine (e.g., Google, Bing), you will find Grammar Monster quicker if you add #gm to your search term.