(ordered by seriousness) ESL Vocabulary Lists Parts of Speech Lists A-Z Idioms and Proverbs Grammar Videos
(ordered by category) Tests and Games Top Tip Install a grammar checker
for your browser
English Vocabulary for Fruit
Learn the Types of Fruit in EnglishThe tests and the video in this lesson will help you learn the names of types of fruit in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word. Here is a video for learning the names of 15 types of fruit in English.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "fruit" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "fruit" category:
- plum, pomegranate, strawberry, tomato, watermelon, apple, apricot, avocado, banana, blackberry, blueberry, cherry, dragon fruit, kiwi, lemon, lime, orange, peach, pear
- A plum is a juicy fruit with sweet and tart flavors, and it has a purple skin.
- We have a plum tree in our backyard, and it produces delicious fruit every summer.
- You can make tasty jams and pies using fresh plums.
- A pomegranate is a unique fruit with juicy seeds that are sweet and slightly tangy.
- We enjoy eating pomegranate seeds as a healthy snack.
- The vibrant red color of the pomegranate makes it visually appealing.
- A strawberry is a sweet and red fruit that's often used in desserts and smoothies.
- We went strawberry picking at the farm and collected a basket full of ripe strawberries.
- Strawberries are perfect for making strawberry shortcake.
- A tomato is a versatile fruit often used as a vegetable in cooking.
- We grew our own tomatoes in the garden this year.
- Tomatoes can be sliced and added to sandwiches or made into a tasty tomato sauce.
- A watermelon is a refreshing fruit with juicy, pink or red flesh and black seeds.
- We like to eat watermelon on hot summer days to stay cool and hydrated.
- Spitting out watermelon seeds can be a fun part of enjoying this fruit.
- An apple is a crisp and sweet fruit that comes in various colors like red and green.
- We packed an apple in our lunchbox as a healthy snack for school.
- Apple pie is a delicious dessert made with sliced apples and a flaky crust.
- An apricot is a small and orange fruit with a sweet and slightly tart flavor.
- We have an apricot tree in our garden, and it produces fruit in the spring.
- Apricots can be eaten fresh or used to make jams and preserves.
- An avocado is a creamy and green fruit that's often used in salads and guacamole.
- We mashed some ripe avocado and spread it on our sandwiches.
- Avocado is known for being a healthy source of good fats.
- A banana is a yellow fruit with a sweet and slightly creamy texture.
- We like to add sliced banana to our morning cereal for extra flavor.
- Bananas are easy to carry as a quick and nutritious snack.
- A blackberry is a dark purple or black fruit with a sweet and tart taste.
- We went for a nature walk and found a bush full of ripe blackberries to pick.
- Blackberries are delicious when used in pies, cobblers, or eaten fresh.
- A blueberry is a small and round fruit with a sweet and juicy flavor.
- We love to eat pancakes with fresh blueberries on top for breakfast.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and are good for your health.
- A cherry is a small and red or dark fruit with a sweet and tart taste.
- We picked a basket of ripe cherries from the cherry tree in our backyard.
- Cherry pie is a classic dessert made with sweet cherries and a flaky crust.
- Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit with vibrant pink or yellow skin and white or red flesh.
- We tried dragon fruit for the first time and loved its unique flavor.
- Dragon fruit is often used in fruit salads and smoothie bowls for its visual appeal.
- A kiwi is a small, green fruit with tiny black seeds and a tangy flavor.
- We enjoy eating kiwi slices as a healthy and refreshing snack.
- Kiwis are packed with vitamin C, which is good for your immune system.
- A lemon is a bright yellow citrus fruit known for its sour and tangy taste.
- We squeezed fresh lemon juice to make lemonade on a hot day.
- Lemons are often used to add flavor to dishes and desserts.
- A lime is a small and green citrus fruit with a zesty and tangy flavor.
- We used lime zest to add a burst of flavor to our homemade guacamole.
- Limes are commonly used to garnish drinks like margaritas.
- An orange is a round citrus fruit with juicy and sweet flesh.
- We enjoy a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice with breakfast.
- Oranges are a good source of vitamin C, which helps keep us healthy.
- A peach is a fuzzy and sweet fruit with juicy, golden flesh.
- We picked ripe peaches from the orchard and made peach cobbler.
- Peaches are a delightful summer fruit that's perfect for snacking.
- A pear is a fruit with a smooth skin and sweet, crisp flesh.
- We packed a pear in our lunchbox as a healthy and tasty snack.
- Pears can be eaten fresh or used in salads and desserts.
Help Us Improve Grammar Monster
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
Find Us Quicker!
- When using a search engine (e.g., Google, Bing), you will find Grammar Monster quicker if you add #gm to your search term.