(ordered by seriousness) ESL Vocabulary Lists Parts of Speech Lists A-Z Idioms and Proverbs Grammar Videos
(ordered by category) Tests and Games Top Tip Install a grammar checker
for your browser
English Vocabulary for Accessories
Learn Common Accessories in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you practise vocabulary on accessories in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "accessories" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "accessories" category:
- tie, bag, necklace, ring, rucksack, scarf, socks, sunglasses, umbrella, wallet, watch, belt, bow tie, bracelet, earrings, gloves, hat, headband, mittens
- A tie is a stylish accessory for dressing up on special occasions.
- Wearing a tie with a suit can make you look very smart.
- My uncle always wears a different colorful tie to work.
- A bag is a convenient way to carry your belongings when you go out.
- I always keep my school books in a bag to stay organized.
- When we travel, my family brings a big, sturdy bag for our clothes and snacks.
- A necklace is a lovely piece of jewelry that can be worn around your neck.
- Some necklaces have beautiful pendants or precious stones.
- My sister received a shiny heart-shaped necklace as a gift.
- A ring is a special piece of jewelry that you wear on your finger.
- People exchange rings as a symbol of love and commitment during weddings.
- My grandma's ring has a beautiful sapphire gemstone in it.
- A rucksack is a type of backpack that you wear on your back when you go hiking.
- My dad always carries a sturdy rucksack filled with supplies when we go camping.
- When I go on outdoor adventures, I use a rucksack to carry snacks and water.
- A scarf is a warm accessory that you can wrap around your neck in cold weather.
- People wear scarves to stay cozy and stylish during the winter.
- I received a soft, knitted scarf as a gift from my aunt.
- Socks are essential clothing items that keep your feet warm and comfortable.
- It's a good idea to wear clean socks every day to keep your feet fresh.
- I have colorful socks with fun patterns that make me smile.
- Sunglasses are protective eyewear that shield your eyes from the sun's glare.
- Wearing sunglasses on a sunny day can make you feel more comfortable outdoors.
- My favorite pair of sunglasses has dark, tinted lenses.
- An umbrella is a handy tool for staying dry when it rains.
- You can open an umbrella to protect yourself from getting wet in a downpour.
- My mom always carries a compact umbrella in her bag.
- A wallet is a small case that holds your money, cards, and identification.
- People keep their important belongings in a wallet when they go out.
- I received a leather wallet as a birthday present.
- A watch is a timekeeping device that you wear on your wrist.
- You can check the time by glancing at the hands of a watch.
- I got a shiny new watch with a colorful band for my birthday.
- A belt is an accessory that you use to hold up your pants or skirt around your waist.
- Some people wear a fashionable belt to complete their outfits.
- I need to buy a new belt because my old one is getting too small.
- A bow tie is a type of necktie that is tied in the shape of a bow.
- People often wear a bow tie with formal clothing for special events like weddings.
- My uncle wore a stylish black bow tie to the fancy party last night.
- A bracelet is a piece of jewelry that you wear around your wrist.
- Some bracelets have beautiful charms or beads that make them unique.
- My best friend gave me a colorful friendship bracelet as a gift.
- Earrings are jewelry items that you wear on your ears.
- People often choose different types of earrings to match their outfits.
- I like wearing small, silver earrings that sparkle in the light.
- Gloves are clothing items that you wear on your hands to keep them warm.
- During the winter, it's important to wear gloves to protect your fingers from the cold.
- I have a pair of soft, woolen gloves that I wear when it's chilly outside.
- A hat is a head covering that you wear to shield yourself from the sun or to stay warm.
- There are many different types of hats, including baseball caps and winter hats.
- When I go to the beach, I wear a big, floppy hat to protect my face from the sun.
- A headband is a narrow band that you wear on your head to keep your hair in place.
- Some people wear a headband while playing sports to prevent sweat from getting in their eyes.
- My sister likes to wear a sparkly headband when she dresses up for parties.
- Mittens are warm gloves that have a space for your thumb and a separate compartment for your fingers.
- On extremely cold days, I wear cozy mittens to keep my hands warm.
- My grandma knitted a pair of colorful mittens for me last winter.
Help Us Improve Grammar Monster
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
Find Us Quicker!
- When using a search engine (e.g., Google, Bing), you will find Grammar Monster quicker if you add #gm to your search term.