Apostrophe Placement Game
Apostrophe Placement ("Tetris" Game)
- Each falling question has a correct possessive apostrophe and a wrong one.
- Click on the correct one to score points and to make the question disappear.
- If you click on the wrong one (or do not click), the question will fall to the bottom.
- The wrongly answered or unanswered questions will start to build up.
- When the screen is full, you're toast.
- Good luck!
A Video SummaryHere is a short video summarizing how to use the possessive apostrophe.
More Tests on ApostrophesHere are five more tests related to apostrophe placement:
- (1) Apostrophe Exercise (General Use). This apostrophe exercise contains 28 dual-choice questions on general apostrophe use.
- (2) Apostrophe Exercise (General Use). This apostrophe exercise contains 18 multiple-choice questions on the general use of apostrophes.
- (3) Apostrophe Exercise (Possession). This apostrophe exercise contains 18 multiple-choice questions on apostrophes for possession.
- (4) Possessive Case Exercise. This exercise contains 18 multiple-choice questions on the possessive case in general, covering apostrophes for possession.
- (5) Apostrophe Exercise (Temporal Expressions). This apostrophe exercise contains 20 multiple-choice questions on the use of apostrophes in temporal expressions (e.g., a day's pay, two years' insurance).