Bend Over Backwards (Origin)
What Is the Origin of the Saying "Bend Over Backwards"?The term "bend over backwards" means to try hard (to the extent of doing whatever it takes to succeed).
Examples of Use:
- She always bends over backwards to help her friends whenever they're in need.
- The company is willing to bend over backwards to accommodate their clients' special requests.
- He bends over backwards to ensure his employees have a positive work environment and all the resources they need.
- Despite the challenges, they bend over backwards to meet their deadlines and deliver high-quality results.
- She is known for her exceptional customer service; she will bend over backwards to satisfy her clients' needs.
Here are some examples of "bend over backwards" in sentences:
- Your mother and I will bend over backwards to help you.
- "I don't make people bend over backwards, and I don't like that in people. I am definitely no diva." (Singer Dolly Parton)
- Businesses are bending over backwards to please customers.
Previous and Next Sayings
More Proverbs, Sayings, and Idioms
play:the big, timed test Tetris (easily confused words)
lists:200+ common proverbs and idioms favo(u)rite-word lists common misspellings easily confused words tattoo fails FAQs by writers
This test is printable and sendable