(ordered by seriousness) ESL Vocabulary Lists Parts of Speech Lists A-Z Idioms and Proverbs Tests and Games Top Tip Install a grammar checker
for your browser
Role-Play Scenarios for Students
Role-Play Scenarios for English StudentsRole-play scenarios are a great way to help English students manage everyday situations and prepare for oral examinations.
About These LessonsThe role-play lessons below feature common scenarios that students will encounter either when living in an English-speaking country or in English exams. There are at least two different conversations in each lesson.
The conversations get progressively harder, making them useful for teachers and students of the following:
- English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
For each role-play scenario, the lesson starts with a list of the top 10 terms, which can be used to create a vocabulary list quickly.
List of Role-Play Scenarios
talking about your family
talking about yourself
visiting the movies
asking for directions
calling in sick to work
giving details on a phone
going to the supermarket
making an emergency call
ordering a pizza
ordering a taxi
ordering in a restaurant
talking about the weather
Help Us Improve Grammar Monster
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
Find Us Quicker!
- When using a search engine (e.g., Google, Bing), you will find Grammar Monster quicker if you add #gm to your search term.