Adjectives Beginning with C
Adjectives Starting "C"Here is a list of 250 adjectives that start with the letter C. You can use this list to help you find the exact word you're looking for in terms of its meaning or its length.
Table of Contents
- Positive Adjectives Beginning with "C"
- Negative Adjectives Beginning with "C"
- The Full List (Sortable, Audible, Editable, and Printable)
- Why Do I Need This List?
- Learn with Hangman!
Positive Adjectives Beginning with "C"
- Confident: Self-assured and believing in one's abilities.
Example: Sarah's confident presentation impressed her bosses.
- Compassionate: Showing empathy and care for others.
Example: The compassionate nurse provided comfort to the patients in the hospital.
- Creative: Having the ability to think imaginatively and produce original ideas.
Example: Mark is a creative artist who constantly comes up with innovative concepts.
- Courageous: Brave and willing to face challenges or difficulties.
Example: The firefighter performed courageous acts while saving people from a burning building.
- Charismatic: Having a compelling and charming personality that attracts others.
Example: The charismatic leader inspired the team to achieve great results.
- Curious: Eager to learn and explore new things.
Example: Emily's curious nature led her to constantly seek knowledge and ask thought-provoking questions.
- Capable: Competent and having the necessary skills to accomplish tasks.
Example: Alex is a capable project manager who efficiently handles complex assignments.
- Considerate: Showing thoughtfulness and concern for others' feelings and needs.
Example: Mark is considerate and always goes out of his way to help those around him.
- Cheerful: Full of happiness and optimism.
Example: The cheerful child always brightens the room with her infectious laughter.
- Cooperative: Willing to work together and collaborate with others.
Example: The cooperative team successfully completed the project by supporting each other.
- Courteous: Polite and respectful in behavior.
Example: The courteous gentleman held the door open for others with a smile.
- Committed: Dedicated and loyal to a cause or task.
Example: Emma is committed to her fitness goals and never misses a day at the gym.
- Calm: Peaceful and composed, even in stressful situations.
Example: John remained calm and collected during the challenging negotiation process.
Negative Adjectives Beginning with "C"
- Conceited: Having an excessively high opinion of oneself.
Example: Ashley's conceited attitude made him believe he was superior to everyone else.
- Controlling: Exerting excessive control or authority over others.
Example: Janet's controlling behavior stifled the independence and growth of those around her.
- Critical: Inclined to find fault and express disapproval.
Example: Emily was overly critical , always pointing out flaws and rarely offering praise.
- Cruel: Willfully causing pain or suffering to others.
Example: Jonathan's cruel remarks and actions deeply hurt those around him.
- Cunning: Deceptive, sly, and adept at manipulating others.
Example: Mark used his cunning tactics to gain an unfair advantage over his competitors.
- Callous: Showing a lack of sympathy or concern for the feelings of others.
Example: Janet's callous response to her friend's struggles demonstrated her lack of empathy.
- Complacent: Self-satisfied and content with one's current situation, often leading to laziness or lack of ambition.
Example: Emily became complacent in her job, neglecting to strive for further growth or improvement.
- Capricious: Unpredictable and prone to sudden changes in mood or behavior.
Example: Jonathan's capricious nature made it challenging to anticipate his reactions or decisions.
- Corrupt: Engaging in dishonest or unethical behavior, especially for personal gain.
Example: Ashley's corrupt practices led to financial losses for the company and harm to its reputation.
- Close-minded: Unwilling to consider or accept new ideas or different perspectives.
Example: Janet's close-minded style limited her ability to grow and learn from others.
The Full List (Sortable, Audible, Editable, and Printable)This list of 250 adjectives is sortable, audible, editable, and printable. It can be displayed as normal text or in columns (up to 4). You can even turn the list into American English or British English.
Why Do I Need This List?A list of adjectives that start with the same letter is useful for creating alliteration, which is a stylistic technique in which nearby words repeat the same initial consonant sound.
- Mark was a cool-headed, cunning, courageous captain.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is always an adjective from this list. Choose your first letter to start. (I'd go for "c" if I were you.)
- Guess the hidden adjective by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden adjective, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden adjective, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game: