What Is the Simple Future Tense? (with Examples)
What Is the Simple Future Tense? (with Examples)The simple future tense is used for an action that will occur in the future.
Examples of the Simple Future TenseHere are some examples of the simple future tense (shaded):
- The Moscow State Circus will perform in Cheltenham next year.
- We will celebrate our anniversary by flying to New York.
- The Moscow State Circus will not perform in Cheltenham next year.
- We won't celebrate our anniversary by flying to New York. (Note: "Will not" can be shortened to "won't" in English.)
- Will the Moscow State Circus perform in Cheltenham next year?
- Will we celebrate our anniversary by flying to New York?
Forming the Simple Future TenseHere is an infographic explaining the simple future tense:
The simple future is one of four future tenses. They are:
|The 4 Future Tenses||Example|
|simple future tense||I will go|
|future progressive tense||I will be going|
|future perfect tense||I will have gone|
|future perfect progressive tense||I will have been going|
See AlsoTenses Simple past tense Past progressive tense Past perfect tense Past perfect progressive tense Simple present tense Present progressive tense Present perfect tense Present perfect progressive tense Simple future tense
Future progressive tense Future perfect tense Future perfect progressive tense Glossary of grammatical terms