What Does Interrogative Mean? (with Examples)
What Does Interrogative Mean? (with Examples)The term interrogative is applicable to any sentence or construction that asks a question.
Examples of InterrogativesThe following all ask question. They are all interrogatives.
- What is the capital of Peru?
- Who is that boy?
- Which shoes shall I wear?
- Why should I believe you?
- When will the bus arrive?
- That painting is excellent, isn't it?
- Are you sure?
- Do you want one lump or two?
- Is it true or false?
The word interrogative is most commonly seen in the following terms:
- Interrogative Sentence (An interrogative sentence is one that asks a direct question and always ends in a question mark. It's another name for a question.)
- Interrogative Pronoun (The interrogative pronouns are who, whom, whose, which, and what.)
- Interrogative Adjective (The interrogative adjectives are whose, what, and which.)