Pendent or Pendant?
Pendent or Pendant?What is the difference between "pendent" and "pendant"?
- "A pendant" is a piece of jewelry that hangs from a chain worn around the neck.
- "Pendent" means "hanging" or "suspended."
More about PendantThe word "pendant" is usually a noun meaning "a piece of jewelry that hangs from a chain worn around the neck." For example:
- Custom has it that wearing the Buddha pendant below the chest is a sign of disrespect.
- Cherie Blair wore a pendant to ward off evil spirits.
- She wore a diamond pendant necklace.
Princess Kate Middleton's diamond pendant
More about PendentThe word "pendent" is an adjective meaning "dangling," "hanging," or "suspended." For example:
- Water Avens is an attractive perennial plant with pretty pendent flowers of purple, pink, and orange.
A pendent light
Snowdrops are pendent flowers.