Airplane or Aeroplane?
Airplane or Aeroplane?What is the difference between "airplane" and "aeroplane?
- "Airplane" is the word preferred in the US.
- "Aeroplane" is the non-American spelling.
Example Sentences with "Airplane" and "Aeroplane"Below is an example of "aeroplane" in a British publication.
- An international force of ships, aeroplanes, drones and satellites is scouring the southern Indian Ocean to find the wreckage of MH370. () (This is from the British newspaper The Times.)
- Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo. () (This is a quotation from American politician Al Gore.)
- Students designed, built, and modified paper airplanes based on the physics of flight. They were inspired by a Times article about the Perlan Project. () (This is from The New York Times.)