English Vocabulary for Stationery
Learn Stationery Vocabulary in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn common words for stationery and office supplies in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "stationery" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "stationery" category:
- calculator, eraser, notebook, paperclip, pen, pencil sharpener, pencil, push pin, scissors, stapler, tape, bulldog clip
- A calculator is a device used for performing mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Students often use a calculator to help with their math homework or solve equations.
- Some calculators have special functions for more advanced calculations, like scientific or graphing calculators.
- An eraser is a small tool, usually made of rubber or a similar material, used to remove pencil marks or mistakes from paper.
- When you make a drawing or write something in pencil, an eraser can help you correct errors or make changes.
- It's always handy to have an eraser nearby when working with pencils.
- A notebook is a bound or spiral-bound book with blank or lined pages, used for writing notes, ideas, or observations.
- Students often carry notebooks to school to take notes during classes and lectures.
- A notebook can also be a place to jot down thoughts, to-do lists, or creative stories.
- A paperclip is a small, bent piece of wire used to hold together sheets of paper by attaching to their corners.
- When you have multiple papers that need to stay organized, a paperclip can keep them neatly together.
- Paperclips come in various sizes and are a common office and school supply.
- A pen is a writing instrument that uses ink to create marks on paper, typically with a ballpoint or gel tip.
- People use pens for various purposes, such as taking notes, writing letters, or signing documents.
- Some pens come in different colors, making it fun to write and create colorful drawings.
- A pencil sharpener is a tool or device used to sharpen the tip of a pencil, making it pointy and ready for writing or drawing.
- Students often keep a pencil sharpener in their pencil cases to ensure their pencils are sharp for class.
- There are manual and electric pencil sharpeners available for this purpose.
- A pencil is a writing or drawing instrument with a graphite or colored core enclosed in a wooden or plastic casing.
- Artists and students use pencils for sketching, writing, and shading.
- Pencils can create both fine lines and bold strokes depending on how they are used.
- A push pin is a small, pointed object with a flat head, used to attach papers or notes to bulletin boards or walls.
- In offices and classrooms, push pins are commonly used to display important information or reminders.
- Be careful when handling push pins to avoid pricking your fingers.
- Scissors are cutting tools with two sharp blades used to cut paper, fabric, or other materials.
- Children often use scissors for crafts and art projects, while adults use them for various tasks.
- Always be cautious when using scissors to prevent accidents and cuts.
- A stapler is a device that binds together sheets of paper by driving metal staples through them, creating a secure attachment.
- Offices and schools use staplers to organize documents and keep them in order.
- Staplers come in various sizes, including handheld and desktop models.
- Tape is an adhesive material that comes in rolls or strips and is used for various purposes, such as sealing packages, wrapping gifts, or repairing torn paper.
- People often use tape to attach things together or to secure items in place.
- There are different types of tape, including transparent, masking, and duct tape, each with specific uses.
- A bulldog clip is a spring-loaded metal clip with two flat, rounded jaws that can hold together a stack of papers or documents.
- These sturdy clips are often used to keep papers organized and prevent them from getting scattered.
- You can easily open and close a bulldog clip to access or rearrange the papers it holds.