English Vocabulary for Sports Equipment
Learn Sports Equipment in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn English words for equipment used in sports. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "sports equipment" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "sports equipment" category:
- volleyball, whistle, baseball glove, baseball, basketball, bat, bowling ball, cricket ball, football, golf ball, hockey stick, table tennis bat, puck, racket, shuttlecock, soccer ball
- A volleyball is lighter than a soccer ball.
- The volleyball is passed between teammates to score points.
- Do you have a volleyball so we can play on the beach?
- The coach blows the whistle to start and stop the game.
- The referee uses a whistle to signal fouls during a soccer match.
- The lifeguard always carries a whistle to alert swimmers of danger.
- The catcher wears a baseball glove to catch pitches from the pitcher.
- I need to break in my new baseball glove before the big game.
- Dad taught me how to catch a baseball with my baseball glove.
- I caught the baseball without a glove.
- Is your baseball made of leather?
- Throwing and hitting the baseball is the best part of the game.
- He shoots the basketball into the hoop and scores a point.
- A basketball is slightly larger than an soccer ball.
- Most basketballs are orange.
- The cricket player uses a bat to hit the ball.
- We use a bat to play baseball.
- The vampire in the story sleeps during the day and comes out with a bat at night.
- We roll the heavy bowling ball down the lane to knock down the pins.
- Choosing the right bowling ball is important for a good game.
- My dad's bowling ball has his name engraved on it.
- In cricket, the bowler tries to get the batsman out using a cricket ball.
- We play a friendly game of cricket with our neighbors on weekends.
- The cricket ball is made of leather and is quite hard.
- We kick the football around in the park for fun.
- Football players use their feet to dribble and pass the football.
- He kicked the football over the crossbar.
- Golfers aim to hit the golf ball into the hole with as few strokes as possible.
- Mini-golf is a fun game where you try to putt the golf ball through obstacles.
- The golf ball is small and dimpled for better aerodynamics.
- The hockey player uses the hockey stick to pass and shoot the puck.
- We watch ice hockey players skate fast with their sticks in hand.
- Learning how to handle the hockey stick takes practice and skill.
table tennis bat
- We enjoy playing table tennis with a small bat and a lightweight ball.
- Table tennis bats are made of rubber and wood.
- The table tennis bat is used to hit the ball over the net.
- In ice hockey, players try to score goals by shooting the puck into the opposing team's net.
- The puck slides across the ice quickly during a fast-paced hockey game.
- It takes skill to control the movement of the puck on the ice.
- We play tennis with a racket and a ball on the court.
- The racket has strings that help hit the ball over the net.
- Badminton is another sport that uses a racket to hit the shuttlecock.
- We play badminton by hitting the shuttlecock back and forth over the net.
- The feathers on the shuttlecock help it fly through the air.
- It's important to have good hand-eye coordination to play with the shuttlecock effectively.
- Kids around the world love to play soccer with a soccer ball.
- The soccer ball is kicked into the goal to score points.
- During a soccer match, players dribble and pass the ball to teammates.