English Vocabulary for Senses
Learn the Senses in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn the senses in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "senses" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "senses" category:
- hunger, itch, pain, pressure, sight, smell, taste, temperature, thirst, touch, balance, hearing
- His hunger grew as he smelled the delicious aroma of freshly baked bread.
- After a long hike, she had a strong hunger and enjoyed a hearty meal.
- The hunger in his stomach made him realize it was time for lunch.
- She couldn't resist scratching the itch on her arm caused by a mosquito bite.
- The itch from the woolen sweater was irritating his skin.
- His nose began to itch due to allergies from pollen in the air.
- The sudden pain in her knee made her wince.
- He felt a sharp pain in his tooth and knew it was time to see the dentist.
- They applied a soothing ointment to relieve the pain in their sore muscles.
- The pressure from the water hose made it difficult for her to hold on.
- He adjusted the tire pressure to ensure a smooth ride on his bicycle.
- They used their fingers to apply gentle pressure on the sore spot to alleviate tension.
- The beautiful sunset was a breathtaking sight over the ocean.
- He marveled at the incredible sight of a rainbow arching across the sky.
- They took a moment to appreciate the stunning sight of the snow-covered mountains.
- The enticing smell of freshly baked cookies filled the kitchen.
- He noticed the pleasant smell of blooming flowers in the garden.
- They inhaled the delicious smell of a barbecue cookout in the neighborhood.
- She savored the sweet taste of ripe strawberries in her dessert.
- He enjoyed the spicy taste of the curry dish at the restaurant.
- They couldn't resist the creamy taste of the chocolate ice cream.
- The hot summer day made the outdoor pool a perfect temperature for swimming.
- He adjusted the thermostat to a comfortable temperature in the room.
- They bundled up in warm clothing to combat the chilly temperature outside.
- Her thirst was quenched after drinking a refreshing glass of cold water.
- He felt a growing thirst while hiking and reached for his water bottle.
- They craved a fruity drink to satisfy their thirst on a hot summer afternoon.
- She could feel the soft touch of the kitten's fur as it nestled in her lap.
- He appreciated the warm touch of the sun on his skin during the beach vacation.
- They held hands, finding comfort in the reassuring touch of each other.
- She practiced her yoga poses to improve her balance and flexibility.
- He carefully maintained his balance while walking on a narrow bridge.
- They used a balancing beam at the gym to work on their core strength and balance.
- The soothing sounds of nature provided a calming hearing experience in the forest.
- He enjoyed listening to the rhythmic hearing of ocean waves crashing on the shore.
- They attended a concert to appreciate the live hearing of their favorite band's music.