English Vocabulary for School Subjects
Learn School Subjects in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn common school subjects English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "school subjects" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "school subjects" category:
- Spanish, sport, art, biology, chemistry, drama, English, French, geography, geometry, history, ICT, mathematics, music, physics, religion
- I enjoy learning Spanish because it's a beautiful language.
- We have a Spanish class every Wednesday afternoon.
- In Spanish class, we learn to speak, read, and write in Spanish.
- Physical sport activities like soccer and basketball keep us healthy.
- Many students participate in sport clubs after school.
- We have a sport competition next week, and I'm excited to participate.
- Art class is my favorite because I love to paint and draw.
- We use colorful paints and brushes in our art lessons.
- Our school has an art exhibition to showcase our creative work.
- Biology helps us understand living organisms and ecosystems.
- We learned about plants and animals in our biology class today.
- The study of biology helps us appreciate the wonders of nature.
- In chemistry class, we explore the properties of different substances.
- We conducted a fun chemistry experiment in the lab last week.
- Chemistry helps us understand the composition of matter.
- We practice acting and performing in our drama club.
- My sister has a lead role in the school drama production.
- Drama class allows us to express ourselves through theater.
- English class teaches us to read, write, and analyze literature.
- We read a fascinating book in our English literature class.
- Learning English is important for communication in many countries.
- I'm taking French lessons to learn a new language.
- French culture is rich and diverse.
- We practice speaking and listening in French class.
- We study maps and learn about different countries in geography class.
- Geography helps us understand the Earth's features and landscapes.
- We learned about the seven continents in our geography lesson today.
- Geometry is the study of shapes, angles, and measurements.
- We use rulers and protractors in our geometry class.
- Solving geometry problems can be challenging but fun.
- We learn about historical events and famous people in history class.
- Studying history helps us understand the past and how it shapes the present.
- History textbooks are full of interesting stories from the past.
- We use computers and technology in our ICT lessons.
- ICT skills are important in the modern world for various careers.
- In ICT class, we learn how to use software and navigate the internet.
- Mathematics helps us solve problems using numbers, equations, and formulas.
- We practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in mathematics class.
- Solving mathematics puzzles is a fun way to sharpen our math skills.
- Music class allows us to explore different musical instruments and styles.
- We play the piano and guitar in our music lessons.
- The school band practices for the upcoming music concert.
- Physics helps us understand the laws of motion, energy, and forces.
- We conducted a physics experiment to learn about gravity.
- Learning physics can explain how things work in the world around us.
- We study different religions and their beliefs in religion class.
- Religion class encourages respect for diverse faiths and cultures.
- Many people find comfort and guidance in their religion.