English Vocabulary for Hair
Learn Common Words for Hair in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn common words relating to hair length and hair colors in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "hair" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "hair" category:
- bald, bangs, black, blonde, brunette, curly, dyed, ginger, gray, long, medium length, short, straight, wavy, afro
- He has a completely bald head and always wears a hat to keep it warm.
- Some people choose to embrace their bald look and don't mind going without hair.
- He started losing his hair in his thirties and eventually became bald.
- She decided to get bangs to change up her hairstyle.
- Her bangs frame her face beautifully and add a youthful look.
- Do you think I should trim my bangs a bit shorter?
- Her hair is naturally black and shiny.
- He prefers to dye his hair black to match his favorite color.
- Black hair can look stunning against fair skin.
- She's a natural blonde with golden locks.
- Many people envy her blonde hair and wish they had the same shade.
- He decided to go blonde for a fun change in his appearance.
- Her brunette hair beautifully complements her hazel eyes.
- He has always been a proud brunette and has no plans to dye his hair.
- Brunette hair can have various shades, from dark brown to chestnut.
- Her curly hair is full of natural bounce and texture.
- He uses special products to define his curly locks and reduce frizz.
- Curly hair can be more prone to tangles, so it needs extra care.
- She recently dyed her hair a vibrant shade of red.
- He likes to experiment with different dyed colors and often changes his look.
- Dyed hair requires regular touch-ups to maintain its color.
- His ginger hair and freckles give him a unique and charming appearance.
- Some people love the warmth of ginger hair and embrace their natural color.
- She always thought her ginger hair was her best feature.
- His hair has started to turn gray as he's gotten older.
- Some people choose to embrace their gray hair and find it elegant.
- Gray hair can be a sign of wisdom and experience.
- She loves her long flowing hair and takes good care of it.
- He's been growing his hair long for years and it reaches his waist now.
- Long hair can be styled in various ways, from braids to ponytails.
- Her medium-length hair is versatile and easy to manage.
- He prefers to keep his hair at a medium length for a neat and tidy look.
- Medium-length hair is a popular choice for many people as it's not too short or too long.
- She decided to go for a short haircut for a change in style.
- He finds it convenient to have short hair, especially in hot weather.
- Short haircuts can be low-maintenance and stylish.
- Her straight hair is easy to manage and always looks sleek.
- He uses a flat iron to keep his hair perfectly straight.
- Straight hair can be styled in a variety of ways, including smooth and shiny.
- She loves the natural wavy texture of her hair and doesn't use heat styling tools often.
- He likes to add some product to enhance the wavy pattern in his hair.
- Wavy hair can give a relaxed and beachy look.
- Her afro hairstyle is a bold and beautiful expression of her identity.
- He uses special products to maintain his afro and keep it looking voluminous.
- Afro hair can be styled in various creative ways.