English Vocabulary for Furniture
Learn Furniture Vocabulary in EnglishThe tests and the video in this lesson will help you learn the names of common furniture and household items in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word. Here is a video for learning the names of common furniture and household items.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "furniture" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "furniture" category:
- sink, sofa, sound system, toilet, vanity table, wardrobe, washing machine, writing desk, armchair, bathtub, bed, bedside drawer, bunk bed, chandelier, chest of drawers, coffee table, computer desk, dining table, door, lamp, refrigerator, shelving unit, side table
- The sink in the kitchen is where we wash our dishes and vegetables.
- We have a shiny sink in the bathroom for brushing our teeth and washing our hands.
- Sinks come in different styles and materials, like stainless steel and porcelain.
- The sofa in the living room is where we relax and watch TV as a family.
- We have a comfy sofa with soft cushions that we love to sit on.
- Sofas are great for lounging and can come in various colors and sizes.
- Our sound system fills the room with music when we have dance parties.
- We use a sound system to watch movies with surround sound for a cinematic experience.
- Sound systems have speakers and amplifiers to make music and movies sound better.
- The toilet in the bathroom is where we go when nature calls.
- We always remember to flush the toilet after using it.
- Toilets have a seat and a bowl, and they help keep our bathroom clean.
- My mom has a lovely vanity table where she puts on makeup and gets ready in the morning.
- There's a mirror on the vanity table where I like to pretend I'm a movie star.
- Vanity tables often have drawers to store makeup and accessories.
- Our wardrobe is where we keep our clothes neatly organized.
- I picked out my favorite dress from the wardrobe for the special occasion.
- Wardrobes come in different sizes, with shelves, drawers, and hanging space.
- Mom uses the washing machine to clean our clothes and make them smell fresh.
- We put our dirty laundry in the washing machine and add detergent before starting it.
- Washing machines make laundry day much easier and faster.
- I sit at the writing desk to do my homework and draw pictures.
- My writing desk has a little drawer where I keep my pencils and paper.
- Writing desks are perfect for studying, writing, and being creative.
- Grandpa loves to sit in his comfy armchair by the window and read books.
- We have a soft armchair in the corner of the living room for cozy evenings.
- Armchairs are great for relaxation and come in various designs.
- I take a warm bath in the bathtub with bubbles and rubber duckies.
- Mom fills the bathtub with water and adds lavender bath salts for a relaxing soak.
- Bathtubs are perfect for getting clean and having fun in the water.
- My bed is where I sleep and have sweet dreams every night.
- We have a cozy bed with soft pillows and warm blankets for chilly nights.
- Beds come in different sizes, like twin, queen, and king.
- I keep my favorite books and a flashlight in the bedside drawer for bedtime reading.
- The bedside drawer is where I keep my glasses so I can find them in the morning.
- Bedside drawers are handy for storing small items next to the bed.
- My brother and I sleep in a bunk bed with one bed on top of the other.
- We like to climb the ladder to the top bunk bed and pretend it's our secret fort.
- Bunk beds are great for siblings who share a room and want to save space.
- The chandelier in the dining room has sparkling crystals that catch the light.
- We dimmed the lights and turned on the chandelier for a fancy dinner.
- Chandeliers add elegance and beauty to rooms with their graceful design.
chest of drawers
- Mom keeps her clothes in the chest of drawers in the bedroom.
- I have a drawer in the chest of drawers where I keep my socks and pajamas.
- Chests of drawers are great for organizing clothes and accessories.
- We gather around the coffee table to play board games and have snacks.
- The coffee table in the living room has a glass top and a shelf for magazines.
- Coffee tables are perfect for placing drinks and decorations in the living room.
- I use the computer desk to do my homework and play games on the computer.
- Mom has a comfortable chair at her computer desk for work.
- Computer desks have space for a computer, keyboard, and monitor.
- We all sit around the dining table to eat meals together as a family.
- The dining table is where we celebrate special occasions and birthdays.
- Dining tables come in various shapes, like round, square, and rectangular.
- The door to our house keeps us safe and lets us welcome guests inside.
- We close the bedroom door at night to have a quiet and peaceful sleep.
- Doors can be made of wood, metal, or glass and have handles and locks.
- We turn on the lamp in the evening to create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- I have a colorful lamp on my bedside table that I use for bedtime reading.
- Lamps come in many shapes and sizes, and they use light bulbs to glow.
- The refrigerator in the kitchen keeps our food and drinks cold and fresh.
- We have a magnetic refrigerator door where we display our artwork and photos.
- Refrigerators have shelves and compartments to organize groceries.
- We use the shelving unit in the living room to display our favorite books and decorations.
- The shelving unit in the garage holds tools, sports equipment, and storage boxes.
- Shelving units are practical for keeping things organized and within reach.
- We place a vase of fresh flowers on the side table in the hallway to greet visitors.
- The side table next to the sofa is where we keep our remote controls and magazines.
- Side tables come in various styles and can be used in different rooms of the house.