English Vocabulary for Drinks
Learn Drinks in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn different types of drinks in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "drinks" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "drinks" category:
- beer, cocktail, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, milk, milkshake, soda, tea, water, wine
- Beer is an alcoholic drink that some grown-ups enjoy, but it's not for kids.
- At a party, you might see people drinking beer from bottles or mugs.
- Beer can have different flavors, like bitter or sweet, and some people like to try different kinds.
- A cocktail is a fancy mixed drink that often has fruit juices, soda, or alcohol.
- Some colorful cocktails come with umbrellas or fruit garnishes for decoration.
- Cocktails are usually served at parties or in special glasses at a fancy bar.
- Coffee is a popular drink made from roasted coffee beans, and many adults like it to wake up in the morning.
- You might see people sipping coffee from mugs or takeaway cups at cafes or at work.
- Some people add sugar, cream, or flavored syrups to their coffee to make it taste just right.
- Hot chocolate is a warm and chocolaty drink that's perfect for cold days or before bedtime.
- You can top your hot chocolate with whipped cream or marshmallows for a sweet treat.
- Kids love to sip on a cozy mug of hot chocolate when it's snowing outside.
- Lemonade is a refreshing drink made from lemons, water, and sugar, and it's sweet and tangy.
- On a hot summer day, it's nice to have a glass of cold lemonade to cool down.
- You can make lemonade at home by squeezing lemons and adding sugar and water.
- Milk is a nutritious drink that comes from cows or other animals, and it's good for growing kids.
- We often use milk in cereal, coffee, or to make hot cocoa and smoothies.
- You can choose between whole milk, 2%, or skim, depending on your preference.
- A milkshake is a creamy and sweet drink made by blending milk, ice cream, and flavorings like chocolate or vanilla.
- Milkshakes are thick and delicious, and you can drink them through a straw.
- Some people like to add whipped cream and a cherry on top of their milkshake.
- Soda is a fizzy and sweet drink that comes in various flavors like cola, lemon-lime, and root beer.
- People often enjoy soda with pizza or burgers, but it's best to drink it in moderation.
- Soda can be served in cans, bottles, or at a fountain machine with lots of ice.
- Tea is a warm and soothing drink made from tea leaves, and it's enjoyed by people all around the world.
- Some people like their tea with honey or a slice of lemon for extra flavor.
- In some cultures, tea is a traditional way to welcome guests and share stories.
- Water is a clear and refreshing drink that's essential for staying hydrated and healthy.
- We drink water throughout the day to quench our thirst, and it's also used for cooking and cleaning.
- Carrying a reusable bottle of water is a great way to make sure you have a drink whenever you need it.
- Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grapes, and some adults enjoy it with meals or on special occasions.
- There are different types of wine, like red, white, and rosé, each with its unique flavor and aroma.
- Wine is often served in wine glasses, and people might swirl it to release its bouquet of scents.