English Vocabulary for Days of the Week
Learn the Days of the Week in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn the days of the week in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "days" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "days" category:
- Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday, weekend, Friday
- Monday is the first day of the workweek for many people.
- We start our school lessons every Monday morning.
- On Mondays, I look forward to seeing my friends at school.
- Saturday is the weekend day when many people have a break from work or school.
- We often go to the park and have a picnic on sunny Saturdays.
- I love Saturdays because I can sleep in and have a relaxing day.
- Sunday is the last day of the weekend, and it's often a day of rest and relaxation.
- We usually visit our grandparents' house on Sundays.
- Many families go to church on Sundays to worship and pray together.
- Thursday is the fifth day of the week, and it's getting closer to the weekend.
- We have a family movie night every Thursday evening.
- Thursdays are when I have my soccer practice with my team.
- Tuesday is the second day of the workweek and school week.
- We have tacos for dinner every Tuesday because it's our favorite.
- Tuesdays are when we have art class, and I love painting and drawing.
- Wednesday is the middle of the week, often called "hump day."
- We go to the library every Wednesday to borrow books for the week.
- Wednesday afternoons are when I have piano lessons and practice playing music.
- The weekend is the time when many people have a break from work or school.
- We plan fun activities and outings for the weekend with our family.
- My favorite part of the weekend is having extra time to play with my toys.
- Friday is the last work and school day before the weekend begins.
- We sometimes have pizza for dinner on Fridays as a special treat.
- Fridays are when I get to choose a book from the school library to read over the weekend.