English Vocabulary for clothing
Learn Clothing Vocabulary in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn English words for items of clothing. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "clothing" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "clothing" category:
- underpants, bathing suit, blouse, camisole, dress, jacket, jeans, pyjamas, raincoat, shirt, shorts, skirt, sweater, sweatshirt, trousers, t-shirt
- Underpants are a type of underwear that people wear beneath their pants or skirts.
- It's important to choose comfortable underpants that fit well.
- On a chilly day, I wear thermal underpants to stay warm.
- A bathing suit is a special outfit worn for swimming in pools or at the beach.
- We packed our sunscreen and bathing suits for a day at the seaside.
- Her favorite bathing suit has colorful stripes and a matching swim cap.
- A blouse is a pretty and lightweight top that can be worn with skirts or pants.
- She wore a floral blouse to the garden party, and it looked lovely.
- I like to wear a blouse with ruffles because it's so stylish.
- A camisole is a sleeveless and often lacy top that can be worn under other clothing.
- She wore a silk camisole under her dress for extra comfort.
- A camisole is perfect for staying cool on a hot summer day.
- A dress is a one-piece outfit that covers the upper body and extends down to the legs or ankles.
- She chose a beautiful floral dress to wear to the party.
- We like to twirl and dance in our favorite dresses.
- A jacket is a piece of outerwear that helps keep you warm on cool days.
- He wore a warm jacket with a hood to stay cozy in the winter snow.
- My favorite jacket has lots of pockets to store little treasures.
- Jeans are durable pants made of denim fabric and are often worn casually.
- We wore our favorite jeans for a day of playing at the park.
- Jeans are great for outdoor activities because they are tough and comfortable.
- Pajamas are cozy sleepwear that people wear to bed at night.
- I have a pair of soft and fuzzy pajamas with cute animal prints.
- After taking a warm bath, I put on my comfortable pajamas to sleep well.
- A raincoat is a waterproof jacket worn to stay dry during rainy weather.
- We always carry a colorful raincoat when we go on outdoor adventures.
- My raincoat has a hood to keep my head dry when it's raining.
- A shirt is a piece of clothing that covers the upper body and has buttons or a collar.
- He wore a crisp white shirt with a tie for the special occasion.
- Shirts come in various colors and styles to suit different preferences.
- Shorts are comfortable and cool pants with a length above the knee.
- We wear shorts when it's hot outside to stay comfortable.
- During summer, I love playing in the park in my favorite shorts.
- A skirt is a garment that covers the lower part of the body and is often worn by girls and women.
- She twirled around in her pretty skirt with colorful patterns.
- We sometimes wear a skirt with tights in the colder months.
- A sweater is a warm and knitted top that's perfect for chilly days.
- My grandma knitted a cozy sweater for me with a cute design.
- Sweaters are great for keeping warm and snuggly during the winter.
- A sweatshirt is a comfortable and casual top often worn for sports or relaxation.
- On cool evenings, I like to wear a soft sweatshirt when I go outside.
- We put on our school's sweatshirt when we have a sports event.
- Trousers are pants that cover the lower body and are often worn in more formal settings.
- He wore a pair of neatly pressed trousers with a dress shirt to the wedding.
- Trousers come in various colors and styles to match different occasions.
- A t-shirt is a comfortable and casual shirt with short sleeves.
- We like to wear colorful t-shirts with fun prints or messages.
- A t-shirt and jeans make a simple and relaxed outfit for the weekend.