English Vocabulary for Adjectives (Personality)
Learn Personality Adjectives in EnglishThis is a lesson to help you learn how to describe people using personality adjectives in English. There are eight learning methods for you to work through, including five different games and three different types of flashcard. At the end, there are three example sentences for each word.
Vocabulary Games forThe games and flashcards are currently set to test the following [wait...] words:
Table of Contents
- Match-the-Pairs Game
- Memory Game
- Basic Flash Cards
- Spell-the-Word Game
- Multi-Choice Test
- Learn with Hangman!
- "Sentence" Flash Cards
- "Missing Word" Flash Cards
- Example Sentences
Sets: getting ready...
- Your mission is to match each picture with the correct word in as few a clicks as possible.
- There are three pictures in each set, and there are sets to complete.
- Click on your first square to start. Good luck!
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
Basic Flash Cards
Spell-the-Word GameSpell the word represented by the picture.
Multi-Choice TestSelect the correct word or picture.
Learn with Hangman!Hangman is a classic word game. In this version, the hidden word is one of the words from the "personality adjectives" category. Choose your first letter to start.
- Guess the hidden word by choosing one letter at a time.
- If you guess a letter in the hidden word, then all is good.
- If you guess a letter that is not in the hidden word, then the hangman starts to build the gallows.
- If the gallows are completed, you lose.
- Good luck!
Create Your Own Version of This Game
Here is the word library for this game:
"Sentence" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the word in a sentence.
"Missing Word" Flash CardsClick on the box to see the missing word in a sentence.
Example SentencesHere are 3 sentences for each of the following words from the "personality adjectives" category:
- neat, quiet, active, cruel, foolish, friendly, funny, generous, good, greedy, happy, hardworking, helpful, intelligent, kind, lazy, loud, naughty
- Her room is always so neat and organized with everything in its place.
- He neatly folded his clothes and put them away in the drawer.
- The teacher praised her for writing neat and legible notes during the lecture.
- The library is a place where you should be quiet and not disturb others who are studying.
- During the movie, everyone remained quiet to enjoy the film without interruptions.
- The forest was so quiet that you could hear the rustling of leaves in the wind.
- She leads an active lifestyle, going for runs and playing sports regularly.
- The children are always active, running around and playing games in the park.
- Regular exercise is important to stay active and healthy.
- Being cruel to animals is not acceptable; we should treat them with kindness and care.
- He made a cruel remark that hurt her feelings.
- The story highlighted the consequences of cruel actions and their impact on others.
- It's foolish to spend all your money without saving for the future.
- She realized her foolish mistake after making a hasty decision.
- He felt foolish for not double-checking the address before sending the package.
- She is known for her friendly and approachable nature, making friends easily.
- The neighbors are always friendly and greet each other with smiles.
- We had a friendly chat with the new student, making them feel welcome.
- He told a funny joke that made everyone burst into laughter.
- The comedian's performance was so funny that the audience couldn't stop laughing.
- Watching a funny movie is a great way to unwind and enjoy a good laugh.
- She is known for her generous nature, always helping those in need.
- He made a generous donation to the charity to support their cause.
- It's important to be generous and share with others, especially during the holidays.
- She baked a batch of good cookies that everyone enjoyed.
- The teacher praised his good behavior and excellent participation in class.
- We should always strive to do good deeds and make a positive impact on the world.
- Being greedy and wanting everything for oneself can lead to unhappiness.
- He displayed greedy behavior by taking more than his fair share of the snacks.
- It's important to avoid greedy actions and consider the needs of others.
- She felt happy and content after spending a day at the beach with her family.
- The birthday party made the children happy as they played games and ate cake.
- He had a happy smile on his face when he received a surprise gift from his friend.
- She is a hardworking student who always completes her assignments on time.
- He achieved success through his hardworking and dedicated efforts in his career.
- We admire his hardworking attitude and commitment to his goals.
- She offered helpful advice to her friend who was struggling with a problem.
- The librarian was helpful in assisting students with finding the right books.
- Being helpful to others is a kind gesture that can brighten someone's day.
- He is known for his intelligent problem-solving skills and creative thinking.
- She scored the highest in the class, showcasing her intelligent abilities.
- It's important to recognize and nurture the intelligent potential in every child.
- She showed kind gestures by helping her elderly neighbor with groceries.
- Being kind to others can create a positive and friendly atmosphere.
- He thanked the stranger for their kind act of returning his lost wallet.
- He spent the entire day on the couch, being lazy and not doing any chores.
- Being lazy and procrastinating often leads to unfinished tasks.
- She felt guilty for her lazy weekend when she had planned to be productive.
- The music from the party was so loud that it could be heard from the street.
- He laughed loudly at the funny joke, causing others to join in the laughter.
- It's important to avoid being too loud in places where people need peace and quiet.
- The naughty kitten knocked over a vase while playing in the living room.
- The children were naughty by sneaking cookies from the jar when they weren't supposed to.
- Despite being naughty at times, the kids were loved by their parents.