Salad Days (Origin)
What Is the Origin of the Saying "Salad Days"?The term the salad days refers to the periods of a person's youth when life was without worry. The phrase originated from the play Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare, which includes the line They were my salad days, when I was green in judgement.
Table of Contents
- English Proverbs and Idioms Test
- More Proverbs, Sayings, and Idioms
Examples of Use:
- Back in my salad days, I used to go out every weekend.
- They fell in love during their salad days.
- Looking back on my salad days makes me smile.