What Is the Origin of the Saying "Berk"?Berk is derogatory term for an idiot or a fool, but it is considered less harsh.
Actually, the term is derived from cockney rhyming slang. It is a shortened version of Berkshire Hunt, which suggests it shouldn't be considered less harsh at all!
Table of Contents
- English Proverbs and Idioms Test
- More Proverbs, Sayings, and Idioms
Examples of Use:
- Don't put glass in the landfill bin, you berk.
- Try not to be an argumentative berk tonight, Simon.
- She constantly takes short-cuts that undermine the project, proving that she's bit of a berk as a project manager.
- His lack of common sense and poor decision-making skills indicate that he's something of a berk.