Our most common search themes:
What Are Interrogative Adjectives? (with Examples)The interrogative adjectives arewhose, what, and which.
Interrogative adjectives modify nouns and are used in interrogative sentences (i.e., questions).
Examples of Interrogative AdjectivesHere are some examples of interrogative adjectives (shaded):
- Whose car will they give us?
- What car will they give us?
- Which car will they give us?
- What car will they give us? (In this example, the speaker does not know the choice of cars available. So, you can use what when the options are unknown.)
- Which car will they give us? (In this example, the speaker does know the choice of cars available.)
Now look at this question:
- Which is the greater? (This is not an interrogative adjective. It is an interrogative pronoun. It does not modify a noun. It stands alone.)
Take a test on interrogative adjectives What are interrogative pronouns? What is an interrogative sentence? What are adjectives? What are compound adjectives? Compound adjectives Demonstrative adjectives Enumeration of adjectives Indefinite adjectives Predicate adjectives Participles Possessive adjectives