Our most common search themes:
Notable means worthy of comment.
Noticeable means detectable.
The adjective notable
means worthy of comment
, worthy of distinction
, widely known
, or esteemed
. As a noun
, it can mean a person of note
- The award is for the volunteer who has made the most notable contribution to the development of netball at a local level.
- I would like to discuss some notable omissions from the text I gave you.
- Be respectful. He is a very notable fellow.
noticeable means detectable (i.e. sufficient to be noticed).
- The blue sheen in your hair is hardly noticeable.
- The difference in processing speed is very noticeable.
More Free Help...
All the lessons and tests on Grammar Monster are free. Here's some more free help:
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Sign up for our daily tip emails
Ask a grammar question
Search this site
Buy Some Help...
Too busy to read everything on Grammar Monster? Here are the paid services
we recommend to learn grammar and to keep your writing error free:
Paste your text into Grammarly's online interface for corrections and recommendations. (Free trial available)
Press F2 while using Word, PowerPoint, etc., for corrections and recommendations. (Free trial available)
Send your text to a trained editor and grammar geek for checking. (Free trial available)
Learn English (or another language) with a state-of-the-art program. (Free trial available)
Buy Our Book...
Buy "Grammar Rules: Writing with Military Precision"
by Craig Shrives (founder of Grammar Monster).